Easy breakfast potatoes
Delicious breakfast side dish.
This is a guest recipe from Mollie at fitfabfodmap.com.
- 1 lb
red potatoes, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons
dairy free spread
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon
sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon
pepper, or to taste
bell pepper, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake whole potatoes until soft to the touch for about 30-35 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, saute bell peppers on medium heat in a skillet for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once potatoes are soft to the touch, remove from oven and cut potatoes into quarters.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, melt one tablespoon of butter. Add quartered potatoes into pan, making sure none of the potatoes overlap (note: this may need to be done in more than one pan).
- Spray the tops of the potatoes with nonstick spray and season with ground pepper and with half of a teaspoon of salt. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Turn potatoes over with a spatula and add the remaining tablespoon of butter as well as more ground pepper and remaining salt. Cook for an additional 8 minutes.
- Add green peppers to pan and serve.