Easy gluten and dairy free* cheesecake
* Kinnickinick makes really good gluten free graham cracker crumbs
* I used Tofutti cream cheese
* cool whip is no longer dairy free. You can use a dairy free whipped topping instead
- 1 1/2 cups
gluten free graham cracker crumbs*
- 1/2 cup
granulated sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons
dairy free spread, melted
- 1 8 oz
dairy free cream cheese, softened*
- 4 oz
- Measure crumbs and sugar into a medium bowl. Stir together to incorporate 1/4 cups sugar into crumbs. Melt dairy free spread in the microwave in a glass measuring cup until just melted. Pour melted butter substitute into crumb mixture.
- Stir dairy free spread into crumbs with a large spoon until consistency is sand like. Scrape mixture into a lightly greased 10-inch pie plate. Using a zip lock bag over your hand, press crumbs into bottom and halfway up sides of pie plate. Cover any gaps by pressing crumbs around the plate. Refrigerate for at least one hour to set.
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, empty tub of cream cheese into the bowl. Add remaining sugar and vanilla. Mix on low until cream cheese is softened and sugar and vanilla are incorporated. Remove bowl from mixer. You can also use a hand mixer.
- Fold in cool whip, a quarter at a time, until there are no streaks of cream cheese visible. Scrape into chilled graham cracker crust. Refrigerate at least one hour before topping with pie filling.
- Refrigerate at least two more hours to set filling.
- Serve with additional cool whip if desired