Sweet and tangy gluten free lemon bars
Sweet and tangy!
* sift the confectioner’s sugar to avoid lumps
- 1 cup
gluten free all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick
Earth balance buttery sticks, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons
lemon juice, divided
- 3/4 cup
confectioner’s sugar, sifted*
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 square baking pan
- In the bowl of a stand mixer on low speed, using the paddle attachment, cream Earth balance spread and sugar together until fluffy.
- Keep mixer on low speed.
- Add eggs one at a time, incorporating after each addition.
- Add salt and 2 tablespoons lemon juice; mix until incorporated and smooth.
- Add flour in three additions, beating well after each addition, and scraping down bowl when needed.
- Remove bowl from mixer and give batter a final stir with a spatula
- Scrape batter into prepared baking pan
- bake for 30-35 minutes, or until tester comes out clean
- Cool cake for about 30 minutes before glazing
- For glaze, mix sifted confectioner’s sugar with 1 tablespoon lemon juice and drizzle over cake.