Instant Pot loaded potato soup
* can be omitted
- 1 tablespoon
dairy free spread
- 1 large
- 1-2 cloves (or to taste)
- 32 oz
- 3-4 large
yukon gold potatoes (about six cups), diced into one inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon
Mrs. Dash original*
- 1/2 to one can
- 3 tablespoons
- 1/2 package
dairy free cheddar cheese shreds
- Plug in Instant Pot and press the “Sauté” button
- Wait a few seconds for a beeping sound letting you know the pot is heating up
- Add tablespoon of dairy free spread, and stir with a wooden spoon until it’s melted
- Add diced onion and sauté until slightly soft, stirring occasionally
- Add minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute, stirring consistently (don’t let it burn!)
- Add chicken stock to deglaze any brown bits from the bottom of the pan (use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pot while you stir everything together)
- Add diced potatoes and press the “Cancel” button
- Securely place the lid onto the pot and twist it into place (it will make a little musical tone when you do this correctly)
- Set valve on top of the lid to “Sealing” in the center position (Not venting on either side)
- Press the “Manual” button and set the time to 25 minutes
- Wait several seconds for the pot to start (you will hear a series of beeps when it does)
- The pot will take a few minutes to come up to pressure. You’ll know it has achieved pressure when the 25 minute timer starts ticking down.
- One the 25 minutes are up, use an oven mitt or silicone mitt to CAREFULLY move the lid’s valve to “Venting”
- Steam will immediately shoot out of the valve (steer clear!)
- When the steam has stopped and quieted, use an oven mitt or silicone mitt to open the pot and set the lid aside.
- Unplug the Instant Pot and use an immersion blender to carefully blend the brothy cooked potato mixture (leave some chunks in tact) You could probably achieve similar results with an old fashioned potato masher if you don’t have an immersion blender.
- Add coconut cream to the pot and stir until it fully combines with the soup.
- Stir in dairy free cheddar shreds until melted and incorporated.
- Add diced bacon pieces (you may want to reserve some bacon crumbles for topping) and stir to combine
- You can add additional salt and pepper if needed (be careful taking a taste test…it’s HOT!)