You won’t need all day to make this hearty beef stew
1 1/2 pounds
chuck or stew meat, cut into 1 inch chunks*
frozen pearl onions
carrots, peeled and chopped into one inch chunks
large russet potato, peeled and cut into one inch chunks
sliced button mushrooms
1 1/2 cups
beef stock or broth
red wine of choice
salt and pepper to taste
Mrs. Dash original seasoning mix*
1/4 to 1/2 cup
instant potato flakes*
- Set instant pot to saute function. Add oil when beep indicates pot is hot
- Dump beef chunks into instant pot and saute until slightly browned.
- Add stock and wine, and stir to deglaze the instant pot.
- Add potato and vegetables and seasonings on top of beef.
- Turn off instant pot. Close and lock lid, then set stew function to 35 minutes.
- When time is up, carefully release steam. Carefully open the lid of the instant pot.
Use instant potato flakes to thicken stew to desired thickness.
* do not flour beef before adding to instant pot as this may cause scorching.
* use any seasoning you like
* use instant potatoes to thicken the stew instead of flour